Exchange of Information
- Creation of online portal to allow for automatic exchange, Multi-Data Exchange Solution (MDES) which was created by an IT Company in Curacao called BearingPoint under a contract with the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI).
- To access the MDES portal or register your Financial Institution (FI), click Here
- MDES – Marshall Islands – General User Manual v1.1
- MDES – FC XML Schema version 2.1 Manual (v1.3)
- CRS related Frequently Asked Questions
- CRS Standard for AEOI FI in Tax Matters – Implementation Handbook v2
Important information regarding use of this online portal
You are responsible for the availability and performance of your own systems. Issues with these systems do not void your responsibility to submit your tax returns and/or information on time. Therefore do not wait with submitting information with the competent authority until the last moment.
The competent authority is responsible for their systems and optimum availability thereof. In the unlikely event of a persistent interruption of service which made it impossible to submit your tax return (on paper at the Tax Office) in a timely manner, an appropriate solution will be proposed for that specific situation.
If you no longer have your username, password or neither of these, you still need to submit your tax returns and/or information within the applicable deadlines. In these cases always contact the competent authority as soon as possible. If this leads to non-compliance with the deadlines, you risk consequences.
The tax returns or information is submitted when the information is actually received by the competent authority and/or it’s systems. If submitted correctly, you can find the date of submittal on the proof of receipt (document and e-mail) and in the online tax return case/file.
Make sure that the tax matters related responsibilities are well embedded and assigned within your company. Decide who should be able to log into the secure area that is the online portal. You will receive only one username and password. In case of FATCA information exchange this should be the Responsible Officer as registered with the IRS.
System requirements and supported browsers
This online portal works on all modern browsers and is accessible with operating systems Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 or the Apple Macintosh OS X 10.6 and up.
For the best view we recommend the latest versions of Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome with a screen resolution of at least 1280 x 1024 pixels (256 colors). The zoom level of your browser window/view should be 100% at all times, zooming in or out is not supported.
The portal does not support browser version prior to Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 20 or Safari 5. Are you still using Internet Explorer 6 or 7? These are outdated version and no longer supported nor updated by Microsoft and therefore not suitable for use with this online portal.
It is necessary to enable and clear cookies use by our websites and portals. If your browser setting do not allow cookies, than you need to make an exception for this website. If necessary, please refer to the ‘Help’ menu of your browser.
How do I create a new user account?
A new user account can be requested as follows:
- Click on the ‘Request an account’ link/button on the home page
- Enter the requested information, upload required attachments (pdf, doc, docx, png, jpg, jpeg; max. 10MB per file) and click ‘Ok’
- You will receive an e-mail to confirm your account request
- Click on the ‘Confirm request’ link/button in the e-mail which opens the confirmation screen and if correct click ‘Finish’
Your account request is now complete and will be assessed by the competent authority.
When your request is approved, you will receive an e-mail confirmation and you can log in immediately and start using the online portal. In case your request is denied, you will also receive a notification by e-mail containing feedback and instructions from the assessor.
Confirmation button in the e-mail doesn’t work. What now?
If you are unable to see/use the buttons in the e-mail messages, you can confirm the new account requests and password resets manually.
The e-mails contain the 12-character activation code which should be copied and pasted in the ‘Confirm account request’ or ‘Confirm password reset’ task found on the home page.
I can’t log in. What now?
Check if you are using the correct username and passwords. Please note that the password is case sensitive. If you have forgotten you password, click the ‘Forgot your password?’ link on the home page. If you can’t log in with your new password either, please contact the competent authority.
How do I request a new password?
You can reset your password following these steps:
- Click on the ‘Forgot password’ link in the login box on the homepage
- Enter your user details and click ‘Finish’
- A confirmation email with an activation code will be sent to the registered email address
- Check your user credentials and choose your new password. It should be at least 8 characters containing at least 1 capital, 1 regular letter, 1 number and 1 special character, click ‘Ok’
- Click on the button which opens the confirmation screen
- Your account is ready for use again and you can log in with your new credentials
Is the portal secure?
Security is one of the most important aspects of online portals. Several security measures have been taken to ensure that the system is secured. Access is secured and guarantees the confidentiality of your data. The web pages for online reporting use the HTTPS protocol. This stands for HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure and can be recognized by the first letters of the web address. The data you send will be encrypted, making it impossible for outsiders to view these data.
Nonetheless, additional security measures are recommended at all times. The tax authorities have taken measures to secure the online portal and the transfer of data. You can also secure your own ICT environment by installing firewalls, virus scanners and anti-spyware applications.